Residential energy storage solutions
The most important aspect of residential energy storage for solar contractors is asking the right questions to homeowners. Upon asking these questions, you'll be able to gather the information necessary to make an informed decision on the feasibility of an energy storage solution.
1. Is your customer most interested in batteries as a backup energy source, taking advantage of TOU rates, self-consumption, or a combination of these?
- If battery backup, does the customer understand there will not be an economic advantage?
- Does the homeowner already own a generator?
- If self-consumption / TOU, is the home in an area with utility rate structures that make this project pencil out?
2. What loads would the customer like to power with energy storage?
- For backup systems, what does the customer deem critical in the event of a blackout? What is the energy draw and daily run time of those loads?
- For self-consumption / TOU, is the customer's utility interval data accessible?
3. What is the budget the customer has in mind for energy storage?
CivicSolar has the expertise and manufacturer partnerships to consult installers on system design and optimal solutions for any residential storage project.
- For grid-tied projects, we recommend either an AC Coupled architecture or a DC Coupled Hybrid Inverter solution.
- For off-grid projects, we recommend a DC coupled system with charge controllers.
Get a quote
We know how competitive the solar market is. Let our experts find the right equipment at the best price to give you an advantage. Whether it's a few panels or a full commercial system, we’re here to help. Contact us to get started.
Register now to become a CivicSolar dealer. You'll have access to new project leads, system design advice and, as always, great pricing to generate success for your business. Click below to fill out our application.
With abundant resources including how-to articles, technical help, installation gallery and a rich community forum, CivicSolar is your one-stop shop to learn and interact with other solar professionals. Join us today.