SMA Sunny SensorBox
The Sunny SensorBox is a compact, user-friendly performance monitoring system, designed to enable the PV system manager to measure the module temperature and insolation, by way of it’s built in solar cell and module temperature sensor.
When connected to the Sunny WebBox via RS485 and accessed through either Sunny Portal or PC, this allows the expected energy yield to be calculated and compared with the actual output of the solar array. This performance ratio, ideally between 60 and 80 percent, can help identify any potential issues with the system, including deteriorating modules, shading, and other defects within the system. This data can be even further enhanced through the addition of optional wind speed and ambient temperature monitors. Paired with the WebBox and Sunny Portal, it creates a complete monitoring package perfect for monitoring weather conditions, power production, and most importantly, maximizing PV array output.
- Complete system monitoring for PV installations
- Measurement of insolation, module temperature, ambient temperature and wind speed
- Easy installation right next to the solar modules
- Integration into existing systems visa serial interface RS485
- Compatible with Sunny WebBox and SunnyBoy Control
- Data analysis using a PC or in the Sunny Portal